BYLAWS of the Portland Bocce League Association, Inc.
ARTICLE 1 – Name and Affiliation
The name shall be the Portland Bocce League Association, Inc.
The League shall herein after be referred to as the PBLA
The Fiscal Year shall be that from January 1 through December 31 of each year.
ARTICLE II – Objectives
The purposes and objectives of the PBLA are:
1. to support, enhance, and develop the sport of bocce.
2. To provide local competitions and tournaments.
3. To assist players of the PBLA to reach their full potential in bocce.
ARTICLE III – Membership of the Board
Section 1. Any person residing within the boundaries of the Oregon or Southwest Washington shall be eligible for membership.
Section 2. Board members may nominate qualified persons to be elected to the Board by the Board.
Section 3. Annual dues of the PBLA shall be determined by the Officers and Board Members of PBLA.
Section 4. The Board of Directors of the PBLA, as defined in Article V below, shall prepare the Bocce schedule and shall determine the conditions and restrictions governing the qualifications, entries, and conduct of all Competitions under its jurisdiction.
ARTICLE IV – Officers and Officers’ Duties
The officers of the PBLA shall consist of:
- A President
- A Vice President
- The Past-president, from the previous year
- A Secretary
- A Treasurer
- Two members-at-large
All officers shall take office immediately following the election at the annual meeting, and shall hold office as defined in Article VIII.
The duties of the officers shall be as follows:
Section 1. President:
The President shall preside at all meetings of the PBLA and the Board of Directors, and shall perform such other duties as usually pertain to that office and are not inconsistent with the Bylaws. The President has the responsibility for filing the following with the Secretary State Corporate Division and Oregon Department of Justice Charitable Activities Division: Annual renewal of the corporate status and an annual report as required by ODOJ Charitable Activities Division. The preparation of these reports may be delegated to the Secretary or Treasurer of the PBLA. The President may, from time to time, assign officers and members of the Board of Directors to chair standing or ad hoc committees. The President shall be an ex-officio member of all committees.
Section 2 Vice President:
The Vice President shall perform the duties of the President in the absence of the President, and shall perform such duties as may be assigned by the President or the Board of Directors.
Section 3. Secretary:
- The Secretary shall conduct all official correspondence, keep a record of the meetings of the PBLA, issue notices to members of all meetings, and perform such duties as may be assigned by the President of the PBLA or the Board of Directors.
Section 4. Treasurer:
- The Treasurer shall keep the accounts of the PBLA, receive all monies, fees, and dues, pay all bills and preserve all vouchers for disbursements. All disbursements shall be made by check stating the nature of the transaction and the payee. All funds of the PBLA shall be maintained in a federally insured savings or checking accounts under the name of the PBLA.
- The Treasurer shall submit a report of the financial transactions to date at the Annual Meeting. The Treasurer shall perform such additional duties as may be assigned by the President or Board of Directors.
ARTICLE V – The Board of Directors of the PBLA
Section 1. Composition: The management of the PBLA shall be vested in a Board of Directors, consisting of the officers of the PBLA.
Section 2. Quorum: A quorum shall consist of four (4) members of the Board of Directors.
Section 3. Meetings: Meetings of the Board of Directors shall be held on a regular basis at such time and place as shall be designated by the President and with the approval of the majority of the Board of Directors.